It’s 2018! Already? And why is it so cold!
Some of you know that Doris lived in Russia for 12 years. Temperatures here in MO between Christmas and New Year’s are similar to the warmer version of a Russian winter. Best of all, the humidity was low, so Doris in her blue Russian parka, felt right at home! But winter doesn’t hang around long in MO, and no matter what state or country you’re in, time will fly. Here are some items to put on your to do list for January (before you blink and 2019 is around the corner).
- Call us to schedule a Form I-9 compliance review both to make certain you’re in compliance and know the rules. If you consider the fines for errors run approx. $200 – 2,000/form, and some of those fines are for the employer not signing Section 2 of the form, the time having an outside eye come in is worth the time investment. To add fuel to the fire, President Trump recently approved the hiring of 10,000 new ICE investigators.
- If you’ve not yet done so, if you have employees physically located in MO, download and post the new State of MO minimum wage poster! Yes, minimum wage in MO increased to $7.85. And, yes, that includes for tipped employees.
- Get hip on overtime. Personally, we’re expecting an increase of the salary threshold to approx. $33K. While you’re at it, are you certain those salaried employees that are not receiving overtime would be considered exempt from overtime by the government. Maybe we should talk about them.
- Whether you like or detest the current president, he did put a moratorium on some of the HR legislative changes. What this means for you and me — time to figure out what we’re doing well and what needs to change immediately. 2018 is a great opportunity to stop playing Russian roulette with your HR!
- Isn’t it time to get your HR ducks in a line.
Introducing HR Pathways. For a quick preview, listen below.