Training is like teaching a person to fish. executive advantage’s training curricula are developed through the dual lens of compliance and performance. This is where our strong background in setting up training programs comes in. You might say Bob cut his teeth on instruction and training from his first years as training instructor in the U.S. Air Force and quickly found in it his life’s vocation.
Training format runs the gamut form individualized one-on-one to group training.
- Personalized, interactive training with immediate application to your situation.
- Executive to executive perspective.
It’s always a pleasure to have the back of small business owners in these changing times. Please note the following trainings on DOL hot button topics.
Topic: Understanding and Managing Overtime (including a discussion of how to manage possible changes in salary threshold under Trump administration)
Issue: On May 2016, the DOL enacted a rule raising the salary threshold of minimum wage to $47,476 per year. While overturned by federal court on 11/22/16, many employers are still not properly implementing the parts of the Overtime Rule that haven’t changed. This is problematic due to the increase in DOL auditors and the hefty fines for improper application of DOL regulations
- Understand current Exempt/Non-Exempt and overtime issues
- Understand the duties test evaluations for various exemption categories
- Applying all the above to assess your company’s risk (or problem areas) regarding Overtime
- Developing a plan of action to move your problem areas to a safe zone, to include suggestions for building a case for potential auditors into your documentation.
Bring with you to the workshop:
- a copy of a secretarial and/or supervisor job description, if you have them;
- a copy of the job descriptions (or notes about the job duties) for any position that is concerning to you;
- questions concerning this issue.
Topic: Understanding and Managing the Independent Contractors (or Would the Government Consider Your Independent Contract an Employee and Penalize You Accordingly?)
This DOL Independent Contractor Workshop presented by executive advantage discusses relatively new (July 2015) Department of Labor (DOL) guidelines that more narrowly define who may be considered an independent contractor and who must be classified as an employee. To retain your 1099 workers as independent contractors, DOL will expect you to undertake an analysis that focuses on both control and economic independence for each of your installers. These new DOL guidelines could have a tremendous impact on your business operations and, at the very least, you need to be fully informed on this topic.
DOL Prevailing Wage – Presented by the DOL Prevailing Wage inspectors responsible for resolving Prevailing Wage complaints against your company with a generous amount of time allotted for questions and answers.
DOL Audit Prep – Presented by executive advantage based on years of experience with DOL compliance. (To be scheduled, or contact us for a private consult.)
Pre-register or indicate your interest through our contact page, and we’ll contact you with details.
Or you can schedule other trainings.
Possible Training topics include, among others:
The Leadership Model
Recruit & Keep Star Performers
Working with Poor Performers
Motivating, Not Pushing
Ten Top Reasons Businesses Fail
Workplace Harassment Training
Managers & Supervisory Training
We’re looking forward to discussing training options with you.